Monday, December 14, 2015

Uncle James

        I don't think I've ever experienced sorrow as greatly as I have this week. 

I keep thinking I've run out of tears, only to begin crying again. 
My heart aches and the pain won't go away. 
It hurts me so much to think of you in your last moments, feeling so lost and alone. 
It hurts to see so many people I love in anguish, hurting and agonizing over what more they could have done for you. 
I keep waking up in the middle of the night, my heart racing as if I've had a bad dream, only to come to the sickening realization that the thoughts that are heavy on my mind are a reality. 
     I keep expecting you to call, making sure Bella and I have eaten dinner, or to ask for help with your computer. 

     I'm sorry that I couldn't help you more. 
I'm sorry that you felt like you had to hide weakness from me. 


I wish you were here to see everyone celebrating your life. 
I hope you know how loved you were. 
I hope you know how much everyone misses you. 

My heart is broken and it's a pain that I don't understand. 

But I'm glad that you're no longer in pain. 

     Thank you for everything you've done for me. 
Thank you for your kindness and your love.
Thank you for genuinely caring about me. 
Thank you for being proud of me. 
Thank you for taking care of me.

     You've touched my life more than you realize. 
I love you. 

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to you Cassie! He knows all of this I am sure. He is at peace and wants you to be too. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete